Here is the quick wrap-up of the events that grabbed the spotlight in the cricketing world today.
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. Virat Kohli undone by shot selection, no need to make too many changes: Sunil Gavaskar
Indian batting legend Sunil Gavaskar has opined that Virat Kohli does not need to make any changes to his game, and has to focus on improving only his shot selection.
2. ‘You have to make changes’ – Michael Vaughan wants Ajinkya Rahane to be dropped for the 4th Test
Former England skipper Michael Vaughan has opined that Ajinkya Rahane has been inconsistent and should be dropped from the Indian side for the 4th Test match against England.
3. The Pakistan Head Coach should be the same across all formats of the game: Abdul Razzaq
Abdul Razzaq reckons that Pakistan should have just one Head Coach across all formats of the game.
4. Indian batters need to make mental adjustments: Zaheer Khan
Former Indian pacer Zaheer Khan feels that the Indian players need to make mental adjustments to tackle tricky passages of play in a Test match.
5. No rest days for me’ – Shreyas Iyer ready to do ‘anything’ to be a part of the Indian T20 World Cup squad
Shreyas Iyer has stated that there are no rest days for him, and he is eager to make a return to the Indian side for the T20 World Cup that will be held this year.
6. Indian participant in 2020 Tokyo Paralympics Ranjit Singh was inspired by the life story of MS Dhoni
India’s Paralympics athlete, Ranjit Singh has stated that he was inspired by the life story of legendary Indian cricketer, MS Dhoni.
7. ‘There’s going to be a bit of chat about this’ – Brad Hogg on the prospect of Suryakumar Yadav replacing Ajinkya Rahane in 4th Test
Brad Hogg has opined that even though Suryakumar Yadav is waiting in the wings, India should pick Ajinkya Rahane in the 4th Test match against England.
8. ‘Honeymoon period might be over for Rishabh Pant’ – Brad Hogg opines whether KL Rahul should replace Pant as keeper in 4th Test
Brad Hogg feels that Rishabh Pant has been found wanting in seaming conditions in England and Pant’s technique has been ‘opened up’.
9. ENG vs IND: Chris Woakes returns to England’s squad for the fourth Test
England’s ace all-rounder Chris Woakes has returned to England’s Test squad for The Oval Test against India. He was not in action for England in Tests for more than 12 months due to his heel injury and ECB’s rotation policy.