Here is the quick wrap-up of the news that matters in the world of cricket.
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the cricket world today.
1. Rashid Khan names his most cherished wickets
Afghanistan spin bowling sensation Rashid Khan has stated that the three wickets that he has cherished the most are the wickets of MS Dhoni, AB de Villiers, and Virat Kohli.
2. ‘No one ever expected it’ – Usman Khawaja on Team India’s win at Gabba
Australian batsman Usman Khawaja has heaped praise on the Indian Test side and has stated that no one expected Australia to lose at The Gabba to the Indian side.
3. Advantage with New Zealand as lack of match practice may hurt India in the WTC final: Dilip Vengsarkar
Former Indian cricketing legend Dilip Vengsarkar has opined that New Zealand will start as the favourites in the WTC Final as India will play the summit clash without any match practice.
4. ‘India will include one spinner’ – Michael Holding backs Ravi Ashwin as India’s first-choice spinner for WTC final
West Indies cricketing icon Michael Holding has opined that India will pick spin bowling legend Ravichandran Ashwin in their playing XI against New Zealand in the WTC Final.
5. ‘You can see common sense in their planning and strategy’ – Salman Butt lauds India and New Zealand for consistency throughout the WTC cycle
Pakistan cricketer Salman Butt has opined that India and New Zealand have players who have very good game awareness in their side.
6. Sanjay Manjrekar picks his top five Test bowlers, two Indians in the list
Cricketer turned commentator Sanjay Manjrekar has included the likes of Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami among the five best bowlers in Test cricket currently.
7. Reports: T20 World Cup 2021 to move out of India
A senior official of the Board of Control for Cricket in India (BCCI) has stated that the 2021 T20 World Cup might shift to the UAE. The official also added that the hosting rights will still be with the BCCI.
8. ‘I have a few problems with Ashwin’ – Sanjay Manjrekar doesn’t consider Ravi Ashwin as an all-time great
Sanjay Manjrekar has stated that Ravichandran Ashwin has not taken even a single five-wicket haul in SENA countries in Test match cricket and cannot be considered as an all-time great.