Here is the quick wrap-up of the events that matter in the world of cricket today.
Here are the titbits of news that matter in the world of cricket today.
1. ‘Have been working a lot on my batting’ – Rashid Khan eyes batting at number four for Afghanistan in future
Afghanistan spinner Rashid Khan has stated that he has been working on his batting and is looking to occupy the No.4 or No.5 spot in the Afghanistan batting lineup.
2. Sri Lanka-India series to get underway from July 18, confirms BCCI secretary Jay Shah
BCCI secretary, Jay Shah has stated that the limited-overs series between India and Sri Lanka will commence on 18th July 2021.
3. Sri Lanka vs India: SLC to pick alternate squad if COVID cases increase in the camp
Covid-19 has hit the Sri Lankan cricket camp, and if the cases increase, then Sri Lanka is likely to pick an alternative squad for the series against India.
4. Suryakumar Yadav picks his all-time IPL XI, MS Dhoni omitted
Mumbai Indians’ batting mainstay Suryakumar Yadav has omitted CSK skipper MS Dhoni from his all-time IPL XI. Yadav included himself in the all-time IPL XI.
5. ‘Being grounded is very important’ – Former India coach has a valuable advice for Prithvi Shaw
Anshuman Gaekwad has opined that Prithvi Shaw is a brilliant player but should never put his collar up and always remain grounded.
6. Mahmudullah announces abrupt retirement from Test cricket
Bangladesh cricketer Mahmudullah has taken a sudden decision to quit Test match cricket. He took the decision in the middle of the Test match between Bangladesh and Zimbabwe.
7. ‘Was I? Jeez!’ – When Rahul Dravid was surprised knowing he was named India’s sexiest sportsman
Legendary Indian cricketer Rahul Dravid has cheekily reacted to being named as the sexiest Indian sportsman in 2005. Dravid jokingly stated that he can put this achievement along with all the other awards that he has won.
8. Veteran Rajasthan pacer Pankaj Singh retires from cricket at 36
36-year-old pacer Pankaj Singh has announced his retirement from all forms of cricket today. He has represented India in 2 Tests and 1 ODI.