Ravi Bishnoi was the star on his T20I debut as he took two wickets for just 17 runs in four overs to mark his appearance in international cricket in style. West Indies continued their poor run on the tour after the ODI series as well as they lost the first T20 international against India in Kolkata by six wickets to go 1-0 down in the three-match T20I series.
Talking approximately the first T20I, captain Rohit Sharma won the hurl and picked to field to begin with. Bhuvneshwar Kumar got Brandon Lord out for fair four runs and Kyle Mayers scored 31 runs. Nicholas Pooran crushed five sixes on his way to 61 runs thump with Kieron Pollard remaining unbeaten till the end on 24 to require his side to 157/7 in 20 overs. The score would have been fair 140 had the Indian group not given absent 17 runs additional.
Here are some of the important stats and numbers from India vs West Indies, 1st T20I:
- Rohit Sharma appeared in his 120th T20 international match which is the second-most by any player. Shoaib Malik tops the list with 124 T20Is.
- With 559 runs, Rohit Sharma has now scored the most runs against West Indies in T20Is. He went past Babar Azam’s tally of 540 runs.
- At 21y 164d Ravi Bishnoi became the sixth youngest Indian spinner to debut in T20Is.
- With 99 T20I sixes, Kieron Pollard equaled David Warner (99) and both are at the joint-eight position for most sixes in T20Is.
- India has now won seven consecutive T20 international matches.
- Nicholas Pooran (3) went past Shai Hope’s tally of two 50 plus scores by a West Indies wicketkeeper in T20Is.
- Ishan Kishan played with a strike rate of 83.33 which is the lowest by an Indian in a T20I inning of a minimum of 40 balls faced.
- India has now won nine out of the last ten T20Is against West Indies since 2018.
- Sharma has struck 32 sixes against West Indies in T20I matches. It is the second-most by a batter against an opponent in T20Is. Aaron Finch has 34 sixes against England and Hazratullah Zazai also has 34 maximums against Ireland.
- Sharma has scored 528 runs as an opener against West Indies. It is the most by an opener against an opponent in the shortest international format of the game. David Warner is on second for scoring 512 runs against Sri Lanka.
- Bishnoi became the third Indian spinner with the best bowling figures (2/17) on debut in T20Is.
- Nicholas Pooran recorded his fourth-highest score in T20Is and his best against India.
- Ravi Bishnoi became the ninth Indian player to win the Player of the Match award on his debut in T20Is.
Leave a Reply