After a morale-boosting series victory over New Zealand, India will visit South Africa for a tiring three-match Test arrangement. India, positioned the number one side in Test cricket have accomplished monstrous victory within the longest organize of the amusement. In any case, South Africa still remains an unconquered arrive, as India have never won a Test arrangement till date.
- With Rohit Sharma returning to the squad, he will open the innings with either of KL Rahul, Mayank Agarwal or Shubman Gill. If KL Rahul is declared fit, he will most likely open the innings.
- Ajinkya Rahane’s place in the squad has come under serious scrutiny after poor performances in the recent past. If KL Rahul opens the batting, we could see Shubman Gill batting at number five, with Hanuma Vihari and Shreyas Iyer being the other options.
- Ravindra Jadeja has a ligament tear, which puts his selection in doubt. This will open up an opportunity for Vihari/ Iyer if India go for an extra batting option.
- With Axar Patel also out injured, Ravi Ashwin will be India’s lead spinner during the South African tour.
- Jasprit Bumrah and Mohammed Shami will walk back into the playing 11, with Mohammed Siraj being the third pacer.
IND Playing 11
- Rohit Sharma
- KL Rahul
- Cheteshwar Pujara
- Virat Kohli (c)
- Ajinkya Rahane
- Rishabh Pant (wk)
- Ravindra Jadeja
- Ravi Ashwin
- Jasprit Bumrah
- Mohammed Shami
- Mohammed Siraj